medlock park decatur homes & real estate
Welcome to the Medlock Park neighborhood real estate page! Here you'll find valuable information about this popular North Decatur neighborhood, as well multiple home search options.
Located in Decatur Georgia, this tucked away neighborhood is truly a hidden gem. Named after the 39-acre local park, Medlock Park residents love being in close proximity to Downtown Decatur, Emory University, a nature preserve and of course, Medlock Park itself with baseball fields, playgrounds, picnic areas and walking trails. The residents are active, down to earth and very friendly.
This established neighborhood features many 1950s and 1960s brick ranch-style homes on large lots. The houses typically have 2 to 4 bedrooms with less than 2,000 square feet. Many home owners have expanded the attics and/or enclosed the garages to add extra living space. The ranch homes typically sell for $185K to $250K, so it is an affordable option in a great location!
More About Area | Schools | Homes for Sale | Festivals & Things to Do | Selling a Home | Real Estate Market
Medlock Park homes for sale - Decatur GA
Learn more about medlock park
- Medlock Park is located in Decatur, Georgia 30033 and in Dekalb County
- The Medlock Park neighborhood is on the north side of Decatur (often referred to simply as "North Decatur") bounded by Scott Blvd and Lawrenceville Hwy on the East, North Decatur Rd on the South, Willivee Drive on the West, and the Clyde Shepherd Nature Preserve is the Northern boundary.
- The neighborhoods surrounding Medlock Park include: University Heights, North Decatur Heights, Downtown Decatur and Druid Hills.
- Popular Streets in the neighborhood include Hunting Valley Drive, Scott Circle, Willivee, Superior, and Desmond Drive. If there is a specific home or street you like in Decatur, you can search for homes by street name or address.
- Residents enjoy lower property taxes, as Medlock Park is located in unincorporated Dekalb County (not in the City limits of Atlanta or Decatur)
- Many of the residents work at the nearby Emory University or CDC
If you are interested in learning more about the Decatur area or if you are thinking of selling your home in Medlock Park, please call Kerry Lucasse and the Nest Atlanta team anytime at 404.721.3001.. We would be honored to assist you!
medlock park sCHOOLS
Part of the DeKalb County Public School System, students would attend:
Things to Do - Medlock Park & The Shepherd Nature Preserve
- NATURE PRESERVE -- Located on Pinebluff Trail (at the end of Woodtrail Lane), the Clyde Sheperd Nature Preserve is also a wildlife sanctuary and offers almost 30 acres of walking trails. For more information visit the Clyde Sheperd Preserve website.
- MEDLOCK PARK & RECREATION CENTER - Dekalb county's 39-acre Medlock Park includes playgrounds, swimming pools, walking trails, picnic areas, baseball fields, and plenty of room to fly a kite on a sunny Saturday!
EXPLORE THE NORTH DECATUR AREA
BUYING OR SELLING a home in North Decatur
The Nest Atlanta Real Estate Group, along with Ian Marshall Realty, has some of the top North Decatur real estate agents who would be honored to assist you with the purchase of your next home. Our agents bring years of experience to the table and believe that our clients need to be armed with as much information as possible in order to make an informed decision. We will will not only show you all of the Decatur and Intown Atlanta homes that meet your needs, we will also provide you with a market statistics and sales data to ensure that you get a fantastic deal on your new "nest".
If you are planning to sell your Medlock Park or University Heights home, know that you're in good hands with the Nest Atlanta real estate team. Our real estate websites are in the Top 1% of all the Atlanta Real Estate Agent websites, so your home will receive the maximum visibility with potential buyers. Our commitment to customer service will ensure that you are informed at every step during the marketing and sale of your home or condo. Your satisfaction is the cornerstone of our business... as a matter of fact, we feel that our job isn't complete until you are raving about your experience to everyone you know!
Call us today at (404)721-3001 for a phone or in home consultation.
Home Marketing Specialist and Team Lead for
the Nest Atlanta Real Estate Group at Ian Marshall Realty
*** Your Emory Univeristy / Decatur Neighborhood Real Estate Specialists ***
Be sure to ask us about our "FAIR & FLEXIBLE" commission plan!
Medlock Park Neighborhood Association